Wednesday, April 7, 2010

John Didn't Know What He Was Getting Himself Into

John and I dated for two years and were engaged for one before we got married in 2008. So you would think that we knew each other pretty well by the I Do's. And for the most part we did. We lived together, spent most of our free time together and told each other pretty much everything.

That's why I'm kind of proud of the following things I was able to hide from him until he was legally bound to me for the rest of his life:

1. I like country music and CMT. Not exclusively and not all the time, but yes.

2. I am a big fan of teen movies, especially those made for ABC Family.

3. Ditto for tv shows on Lifetime, WeTV and Bravo.

4. I will mercilessly badger him for a collection of animals that we don't have room for; including but not limited to - a turtle, a monkey, a guinea pig, a hedgehog, and a slow loris.

5. I buy low-fat or non-fat everything.

6. I will do almost anything I can to avoid changing the litter box.

7. My car is always on Empty and will require him to fill it up any time he wants to go anywhere.

8. I know just enough words to every old, cheezy or annoying song on the radio to make his head explode as I sing off-key. Loudly.


That poor man. He never stood a chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment