Thursday, September 30, 2010

There's Nothing Like Wrapping Up a Long Work Day with a Little Credit Card Fraud

Last night I received the following text message:

"<> Fraud Department needs to speak with you about activity on your account. Please call XXX-XXX-XXXX ASAP."

Its a message you hope you never receive. But its also a comforting message. It feels good to know that my credit card company is looking out for me. (Well, really they're looking out for themselves, too, but we'll pretend its all about me.)

I hadn't lost my card, but someone had still gotten hold of my card info somehow and went on a little online shopping spree. Well, the shopping spree of an anti-social, basement-dwelling, Code Red-drinking teenage boy at least. EVERY SINGLE fraudulent charge (and there were quite a few) was for Gamefly and Marvel Entertainment.

So thank you, Credit Card Company, for recognizing that I had not taken a sudden interest in Captain America or launching an epic Halo 2 campaign.

Side Note: I'm so unfamiliar with the comic book world that I had to go to Marvel.com to find out which comic book characters were actually theirs. On the site you can search characters by category (Heroes, Mutants, Villains, etc). But the best category of all........Canadian. Really, Marvel?!?!?

1 comment: