Wednesday, March 31, 2010

I Am *So* That Person

Have you ever been a member of a book club or other discussion group? Was there that one person in the group that always seemed to have an opinion or monopolized the conversation? If you can't think of anyone that fits that description, then its probably you.

Well, I recently realized that I'm totally that person in my monthly book club. I swear that I wasn't always this way. In the beginning, I was one of the quieter ones. But something happened over the years and now I can't seem to shut myself up.

I try to stop, I swear. I even tell myself, "Okay, Jackie. This time you are only going to comment on every third subject that comes up." But then I get there and before I know it my mouth is opening and closing non-stop and I hear myself going on and on and on and on.

It probably doesn't help that we usually have wine during our meetings. Two glasses and my filter almost completely disappears. Its like being in a book club with Lisa Lampanelli.

Actually, that would be pretty awesome. In fact, nevermind. Let me pour a glass and tell you all about my opinions on our latest book. Just don't expect to get a word in edgewise.

No comments:

Post a Comment